Waikato District Council is your local government authority for the Waikato District.
- Our Chief Executive is employed by the Mayor and our 13 Councillors.
- Our Executive team is made up of the Chief Executive and three of our general managers.
- We employ more than 260 full-time staff.
Contact us at our head office based in Ngaruawahia, North Waikato or any of our area offices (Raglan, Tuakau, Huntly and Te Kauwhata).
Our Council and our staff work in partnership with other councils, local and central government agencies and a wide range of other organisations as well as with the community.
By working together, we will ensure that we meet present and future needs so our district is the kind of place we all want for generations to come. Our vision is the driving force behind everything we do:
“To be a recognised leader in creating a district that prides itself on economic excellence, local participation and sustainable communities.”
What we do for you
The Waikato District Council’s activities are funded by the rates you pay and through other funding sources and initiatives.
Our activities include developing and actioning plans, policies and bylaws so we can direct and manage our resources effectively. We also provide you with a wide range of services and facilities. For example:
- Maintenance and upgrades of the district’s roading network.
- Management of water, wastewater, stormwater and waste minimisation.
- Provision of reserves, recreation facilities, libraries, halls, and community centres.
- Land and property development, including building and resource consents.
- Noise and animal control.
- Inspection and licensing of premises.
- Environment and health.
- Civil Defence.
We also work with you to ensure our environment’s protection and our district’s economic development.
Get job alerts from Waikato District Council straight in your inbox